![]() |
| November 2007 |
Well today is the day when I finally realized I must have lost it.
My neighbour stopped by and I asked her to have her cleaning lady come to our place after she finished at hers this week. Its only 20 dollars a time...but I haven't wanted to spend the money on it when I have 4 kids to help me.(notice I don't mention the husband,he has his own long list of fixer uppers to do )
I thought that moving to a smaller place would help keep the cleanliness under control and trust me I have let go of my personal standards ALOT! but living mostly outdoors,trying to home school, washing, hanging(another story, as you know I have a dryer) the never ending Laundry, helping the kids with their jobs while they're trying to get school work done, doing the fixer upper projects I can do done and have everyone here all day, its all I can to to keep up with the tidying up. I hardly ever get to the beach. And I'm sure you can agree what is the point of living on the Caribbean sea if you never get to go to it???
Its also time to crack out fly lady again..I'm starting to feel like my life is running me and not the other way around.
hold on I have to kill the bug on the wall next to me......
OK where was I.... So we'll try this and see if it helps I really may only need someone to come once every two weeks but I'll see.
I have heard I do not post enough (from a few people now)..another one of those things I hope to get under control.) So now I plan to post every Sunday so by that I guess you'll know if my new plan is working or not.
Well after all my whining where do I start...(I guess that will be the nice thing about staying caught up I won't have to go back to far)
Here is a quick some up:
The grandparents left after a nice visit, we played in the waves in Cancun after they left and did some shopping, We celebrated American Thanksgiving with the Paa Mul residents, went to a "couples only " dinner and dance at the church,( which has now has inspired us to take up Salsa dancing lessons courtesy of u-tube, so we don't look like complete idiots next time) Locklin finished his first set of hooked on phonics( note the pictures of all the stars on his face.Our neighbours with the 4 kids (like us) are home after their trip to the States (So you should see how fast the boys get all their school work done now!!!)
And last but not least I have all the Christmas presents bought, wrapped and under the tree.
Today deserves special mention ....Next week is the primary presentation (where the kids sing and talk in our meeting) Last Sunday I sat with the boys to see how it was going. And HOLY what a GONG SHOW!!! no one was on their seats, no one was singing
( they only have the music on a tape player) and the primary President was trying to lead the music have kids come up for their parts AND keep the kids quite. Man was she FRAZZLED at the end.They have way to many kids for the teachers because there are not enough class Rooms to split them up so 3 teachers are trying to keep 40 something kids quite for 45-min while they do this.
So last week when we were in Cancun I got Chad to buy a big bag of candy and with the help of one of the other teachers that speaks English and Spanish relayed to the kids that I had "special tickets" that I would pass out to kids that were being good and singing and at the end of the meeting they could bring the tickets to me and I would trade them for a candy or two depending on how many tickets they got.
Well can I tell you they where SO good. They sang all the songs in time with the music sat on their chairs and were good as gold the whole 45 min.
The primary presidents big "gracious" was really worth the little effort it took me.
I feel better being able to help in some some small way.
Its been kind of hard not being able to communicate but if you think hard enough you can always make it work. Even my boys were signing the songs in Spanish!
Next month I'm going to write out my testimony and memorize (or maybe just read it) in Spanish for sacrament meeting. That will be my gift to the Saviour for this Christmas.
Were really looking forward to the next month and celebrating the birth of the Saviour!
One more thing! everyone who reads this HAS to leave a comment!!!! I only get a comment from Chad's mom and Kathy my neighbour so KEEP IN TOUCH!! and I changed it so you don't have to have a Gmail account
Hope your all well!
Love to all!



3 comments:
Looks like you guys are really busy. I can't believe you already have your tree up and all your presents bought. You gotta be crazy.
That was awesome and I loved the pics - and darn do I look old!! The primary "ticket" story was priceless! We sure miss you guys. Loved the girls blogs too.
well nat, i think you had better be getting that cleaning lady, you know how baddly i would love to have one, so just get her for me and think of me whenever she is helping you for 20!!!!
love to all, jen
Post a Comment