Friday, March 7, 2008

How fast the time flies..... but how slow the days seem

Link to Feb-March 2008


This week is a perfect example of ¨Mexican time¨ I can’t believe it’s only Friday!

Chad and Sabie arrived home on Sunday after a long trip to Canada so Sabie could prepare to play the harp for Kiwanis Festival and Chad could sell the motor home.
Both were accomplished in the month and we were SO happy to have them back home in Mexico. It seems like they have been here longer than only 5 days.
When Chad and Sabie got here they opened their bags and it was like Christmas all over again. New shirts, food, movies and games for the new wii had everyone very excited.

Not much time to rest on Monday we went to Tulum to check out the ruins with some friends of ours from Calgary who were here having a second honeymoon Bryan and Sonja Neu. I think we have known them for at least 10 years (well at least the whole time we’ve been in Somerset.)
Alma a friend from our ward here in Playa was our tour guide and it was so interesting to find out all the different information about the book of Mormon people who lived here so long ago.
It was funny because I had thinking maybe I should become a tour guide for the different ruins around this area. And thought maybe I should talk to Alma but then kind of dismissed the idea. But on Sunday when I was trying to organize the tour for our friends Alma asked me if I would like to become a tour guide. I said YES!!! I was thinking Id LOVE to do that. Alama´s brother has a tour company and does a lot of Book of Mormon tours at the ruins. I am so excited to learn more history of the book of Mormon. Chad and I are going to do it together I guess there is a course you have to take about Mexican History and pass a English test though the Mexican government. Sounds like a great opportunity. I’m so excited!!!!!

On Wednesday was PARTY day!!!
Every year there is a great big party in front of our neighbors Palapa which by default is In front of our Palapa as well. Our neighbors Phil and Heidi are now back from the States, Phil seems to have recovered from the emergency they had a few weeks after we first arrived in Paa Mul. In fact they were the ones who sold us on Paa Mul and buying this Palapa. So we are happy to have them back. Heidi is a plant lover and the garden path between the Palapa’s is already looking breathtaking once again.
ANYWAY back to the party …..On Tuesday was Phil’s birthday, Wednesday was their anniversary and Thursday was Heidi’s birthday ….COOL EH?



When we woke up the set up had already started and the boys raced out of the Palapa to see what they could do to help. Tables and Chairs started coming from everywhere and they helped and help and helped some more. Chad and I helped as well setting up tables and putting up lights etc.
The Theme of The Party was Gypsy's Tramp and Thieve's So everyone dressed up and the kids had alot of fun finding costumes

Chad and I took off to Yan ten to swim for an hour and got busted by our neighbor (the one you see spraying Shannon with the sunscreen in the pictures) smooching out in the water. Man that guy is everywhere!! LOL
Later I made a Mexican Lasagna and chocolate chip cookies for the pot luck.
A lady commented to me how good they were and wanted to know why they didn’t have the taste of the Mexican butter. Costco has Normal butter (I think the Mexican stuff is good…Keltie prefers the Costco butter so that’s why we have it)
The other non Mexican ingredients included brown sugar and Chocolate chips Chad brought from Canada. They did not last long.
I can’t believe how much food there was!!! And it was sooooo good.
After the dinner they had some entertainment
Sabie played the Harp and I cannot believe the silence throughout the whole group when she started. She did a great job.
After the entertainment we had a dance so it was a great evening.
Throughout the meal the boys and neighbor kids went around and collected garbage and bottles.
They were so good; everyone was making comments about how helpful they were.
The next morning everyone was recovering from the party. Locklin thought it was boring he had to go back to doing his school work and I heard him say to Jamin lets go ask Heidi when we can have another party. That kid makes us laugh all the time.

Hey and guess what!!! On Thursday we got our first Mail!!!!
Christmas Cards from Levi and Rachel and my Aunt Susan’s family!
Everyone in Paa Mul is Amazed we got them! We must have good Mexican Mail Luck!
I’m sure it’s because we love it here so much! The vibes are good. LOL
Link to Gypsy´s, Tramps and Thieves (Mar 2008)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story - awesome pictures!! You folks sure know how to party!!!

The Andrews said...

Hey cousin, I am missing your e-mails. I visit your blog often and there are days I am ready to just get on the plane and call you to pick me up.
Been having a hard month and Mexico is looking very inviting!