![]() |
| Easter 2008 |
It’s hard to believe that Easter was already a week ago, and I’m still trying to catch up.
Thank goodness I spent how many days in bed with a really bad migraine this week so I wasn’t having more fun that I would have to write about.
Easter was really different for us this year and I’m not going to dwell on what we usually do and what we didn’t do…just what FUN we did have. But I did feel a twinge of guilt when I was talking to my Uncle Ron and he told me that he was talking to his oldest grandson Eric on the phone and he was feeling bad about missing the Easter Egg Hunt with Great Grandma.
The kids when Coloring their Egg this year talked about which ones were the nicest and which ones Grandma Service would have kept then had to stick in her garage because they were stinking up the house…but she wouldn’t throw them out, they were still to beautiful.
It’s nice to remember all the good times we had together and I’m sure we’ll have more down the road. Right now we are having some different fun times for a while and a change is as good as a rest.
I’m ALMOST feeling bad for our neighbors. Jamie and Kathy’s kids never celebrate Easter (are you seeing a trend here??) and once again were drug into our Mad Party Habits.
I bought 90 Eggs at Costco and boiled them all Friday night, and then on Saturday after the Spa we colored them with all the kids….. 10 kids to be exact. I love watching the kid’s faces as they see how their creations turn out. Ellen, JamKats youngest was SO very excited!
The next morning the Rabbit had hid the Eggs with a few treats and Ellen woke Kathy up at 6:00 in a daze saying Rabbit…Rabbit…I have to see the Rabbit! Kathy had no idea what she was talking about and told her there was no rabbit …but Ellen kept insisting and finally said, ¨The Rabbit that Hides the Eggs Rabbit¨ Kathy then clued in…..I’m sure if she could have strangled me at that unearthly hour she would have!!!! LOL
The rabbit had hid the Eggs all over the inside and outside of the Palapa. It was a great time. Kids running in every direction! Man life would be so boring without kids!
We decided for our Easter dinner we would have a fondue. The kids love doing it and it was a easy dinner for me!!
Later that night ANOTHER Party!!!!
This one was a Thank you Party to everyone who helped battle the Fire and of course there was MORE food!!!
I’m glad everyone is starting to leave for home around here and Birthdays and celebrating are done until the End of May…… now I can work on losing some weight!



1 comment:
What beautiful eggs - and way to get the neighbors hooked on the whole Easter thing!
Post a Comment