Saturday, May 8, 2010

New Favorite Cookies

One thing I love to do down here is try out new recipes. We have had a lot of new dishes and they have ALL tasted AWESOME!
Since Chad is here for two weeks I thought Id look for a new Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe which is his favorite. I have never found one that we love until now.



Can you see the raisin in that picture? Its HUGE the size of a actual GRAPE! I don´t know why we have such small ones in Canada, I guess this is just another reason Mexico is just so Awesome! LOL
I decided to divide the batter into three parts one with rasins and chopped Walnuts, one with Chocolate chips and one with Butterscotch and Chocolate chips.
From COOKIES!!


The recipe is from allrecipes.com
Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups white chocolate chips (or whatever kind you want to substitute)
1 cup chopped pecans or Walnuts (optional)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the rolled oats, white chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.


ENJOY
From COOKIES!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I will definitely try this recipe out. Levi loves oatmeal raisin cookies too. He has good memories of going to Grandma Bectell's house and getting these cookies out of an old ice cream tub in the freezer. To this day he likes to eat them frozen the best. :)

Anonymous said...

These cookies look wonderful - when I get my new Kitchen Aid, I am going to try them out!!!