This song has been playing over and over again in my head as we start to head in to the Christmas season.
I can’t help but feel a great need to help those less fortunate around us in this beautiful country.
When I first came to Mexico I remember someone saying that Mexican’s think all white people are rich. I really took offence to this because in my mind we were no where near rich. (Money wise Canadian standards) but after you have been here for a while you start to realize we are VERY well off in Mexican standards.
Over the past few days talk has gone around Paamul in regards to helping out kids in a school about a hour south of us. We gladly volunteered to help put together bags of school supplies and a few treats and will go with them to hand the different donated items.
The next day Keltie and I were talking about some of her friends in the restaurant and I found out they get paid 9 dollars a day plus shared tips. Now that is crazy! The restaurant is not that busy and I can’t imagine them getting a whole lot in tips.
(Keltie was making over 9.00 an hour at pet land this summer.)
Based on these numbers I see how the Mexicans think we are rich because really we are.. One thing about it, I have never seen a happier culture
How could you want to do anything but give back? Even if only a little bit.
So all of you worrying about the crashing economy or those who think they ¨need¨ more
You can always move to Mexico change your way of thinking need less and be happy
(I think the warmer weather is a big key too)
Favorite Links
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints
- Keltie's Blog
- Sabie's Blog
- Jamin ROCKS
- Locklin´s Blog
- Sadly Available starring Pat and Paul !!!
- Kindred´s Blog
- Levi and Rachel
- Andrews Six
- Taely
- Team South
- Rex and Konda Fullmer
- Ben and Aubery Fullmer
- JamKat
- Mike & Cecilie Sugden
- Bryan Adventures (Tracy)
- Sean and Kerra Sugden
- The Sugden Tribe Lance and Kendra
- Wall to Wall WALLS (Christie)
- PaaMul.....where we live
- Aerial View Paa Mul
- ING Worksheets
- Chart Jungle
- Flylady the Organization Queen
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment