Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another week Gone

Argggg! I should have posted again last week! I was meaning to but it didn’t happen!
(And no once again I have no excuse!) Now I have to much to catch up on.
November 2008


The Saturday before Chad got home the kids and I volunteered at a dog shelter washing Puppies. A younger couple (I think American) have started a shelter for dogs and every Saturday is Bath day, I think they have around 50 dogs so additional help is always welcome. The kids got right in there and scrubbed up tons of dogs. I took pictures and held the little ones and dried them off. I don’t know how I got to have such animal loving children. I feel bad for them because I’m not so much. This Puppy wash really is a good compromise. They get to hold and love the dogs all they want then leave them there and come back and visit as much as they want. They will even let you take the dogs home for a week or however long you want then bring them back…..and yes they are totally working on me to do that..but I explained we are not that kind of people. We get way too attached to animals and they really are part of our family and we don’t just take them back or give them away when were sick of them. The kids know this and thought the ¨borrowing a dog ploy¨ would work on me. Thank goodness I’m smarter than that!
I know they pull fast ones over on me all the time but not this time!!!

Keltie and Sabie have a friend Rodolfo that works at the restaurant here in Paa Mul, last week he came over and gave the girls and I dancing lessons. We are learning Salsa, Cumbia and Merangue . He offered to teach Chad so he could dance with me even though he’s scared to death of him. So last Thursday he came over to teach us again. Unfortunately I wash sick so it was just him the girls and Chad. Keltie told me later that she met him at the door and told him I was sick and he was scared to death! But I think it went well, Chad tried to be on his best behavior and the girls said he only made a few death threats that I don’t think Rodolfo caught. I thought he was very brave.
We had Karaoke/ Dance on Friday and they played a Salsa song so Sabie jumped up and hulled her Dad to the Dance floor they did really great! Rodolfo was very pleased with his teaching skills.
I think they are both relaxing because tomorrow Chad’s going to teach Rodolfo and Sabie Hapkido. Rodolfo asked Keltie numerous times if she would ask her Dad to please not kill him. LOL Crazy guy!

2 comments:

Puat Ppsk said...

I can't believe how cute all those dogs are. Send me a bunch, I'd love to have them. Buttons might have a heart attack tho'. Keep up the good work, you guys! AP

Anonymous said...

I think I know how come you have kids that love dogs - oops!!!