Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No Posts

Canada Fun July 08

I love looking at my blog when I haven't posted for a while.
It makes it seem like we just left Mexico when I scroll down the page. Really it feels like FOREVER ago!!!
We had some excitement today... Sabie Finally passed her Learners license Test!!! And Last Friday Keltie Got her first paycheck from Pet land where she is working.
Keltie has Locklins Dream Job and he is constantly asking if we can go over half a hour early to pick her up so he has time to play with all the animals.....The things that make little boys happy!

Chad's parents left at the beginning of july to find nicer weather in Summerland British Columbia (no one likes to be here in the summer or the winter...so why do people live here?? )
what really sucks about them leaving is now I have to make dinner again...I really Hate making dinner in Canada. Mexico I like it,I guess its because really I have nothing better to do.Here your running around with your head cut off and when you have a second your still vibrating from the stress overload thus you stare at the idiot box, which really all it does is add even more stress as your brain is overloaded with commercials and dumb things you have to have...I sooooo HATE T.V.

On a funnier? Note I went to Trevor and Tanya's to help them sod after work and had left a bottle of Mexican apple pop at the last family party for everyone to try.
Tanya told me she had taken it back to the bottle depot and when she put it on the counter the employee grabbed it and said "WHERE DID YOU GET THIS!!!"
(He was a Mexican,working here in Canada) He lovingly stroked the bottle and almost was crying when she said my cousin lives in Mexico and brought it up with her.
Now in Mexico Apple Pop is "THE THING TO DRINK" next to coke and orange Fanta its on tap EVERYWHERE and you can get it in every store.
I felt SO bad when Tanya told me this because I could feel his homesickness.
I have a few bottles left so I think I'll make a trip to the bottle depot and see if I can find out who it was and drop them off,I think he will appreciate them way more than we will.

I feel so out of touch right now with the world as I busily go day to day in my Rat Race Cage.
I just found out that a Hurricane named Dolly went by Playa Del Carmen and is now in Brownsville Texas.
No Damage where we are but its looking scary for our friends who live on South Padre Island. We camped there on the way down to Mexico our first time. Hopefully it wont get to bad.

1 comment:

Sabie said...

You need to post that thing Locklin said on your Funny page.
the 'Dad has a tattoo of the Canada flag on his butt.'
Dad:'no I dont it's on my leg.'
L: oh yeah'
Dad: Why would I have it on my butt? it would be like 'look at my tattoo watch it wave' (while he wiggled his butt around.
So funny because it totally horrified Hilary.