Sunday, May 4, 2008

We have SPACE!!!!!

Link to End of April 2008



We are so close to having the Reno’s done! Our wonderful Mexican workers finished on Saturday so all we have left to do is wiring, paint along the bottom of the walls, put on the doors, add the Air conditioning then move all our stuff back from the other Palapa. Yay!

We have been so busy the past two weeks I have only seen the ocean as we’ve driven by on our various trip to town to get supplies. It will be so nice to relax for an afternoon at the beach again. I think I’m losing all my tan.

Today Chad was extended a calling to teach Sunday school in English, which will be nice. Today we had more tourists than ward members and they all leave after sacrament because they cannot understand Spanish.
Nothing much has happened with my calling as they split the ward, had conference, we were sick then had stake conference. Last week when I asked what the plan was, the councilor was not sure, so I will wait and see what happens.
I have started teaching the boys during their class time, and that has been working much better. We have a Mothers Day song in Spanish to work on this week; the primary president was nice enough to get me a copy to practice.

It looks like a trip to Canada will be in our near future we are just trying to finish up a few details. The girls are not very happy about it while the boys are excited to see their cousins. Jamin turns 12 at the end of this month and will receive the priesthood.
He wants his family to be there to share that special time. I can’t believe he will be 12!

The sad new this week is that my grandmother is now in a nursing home on the far north side of the city, not close to anyone. We have had MAJOR family drama about that one.
But she has given my dad all the power and now he is using it to take her home and put her in a home so what can you do?

Well that’s really all we have done RENOS RENOS AND RENOS
Tomorrow is Cinco d Mayo and we are going to go to a party with some of the guys from the restaurant in Akumal so we´ll post more pictures after!

No comments: