Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

May 2008



I have been spoiled rotten as usual! I am so thankful I have such great kids!

First I have to confess I am so STUFFED I actually feel a little on the ill side.
We had Traditional Sugden party breakfast (brunch after church) which consisted of waffles, strawberries, whip cream and today we had chocolate sauce as well.
For Mothers Day dinner Chad and I went to our favorite meat Shop in Playa yesterday and got 2 kilos of Meat to go. So tonight all we had to do was make potatoes and warm up the meat. I have never tasted such good meat it seriously MELTS in your mouth.
I couldn’t eat very much of it because I was still completely full from brunch.

This week we are nearly finished the major parts of our construction.
We got the doors in and Chad hooked up the air conditioners. Then he brought over the stuff from our neighbors Palapa that had to be stored in a less humid area, mostly my scrap booking stuff. We have our long table and round table in the front room and have lots of room to make our various projects.
Our first project was getting Mothers Day Cards done. We invited the JamKat kids over to increase the fun …because in case you’re wondering 4 kids are just not enough!
(That’s why I only had 4 so we could invite more over and I would still be sane LOL)
I saw a cute idea off the family fun website and showed them the basic Idea and then they kicked me out and their little creative minds went to work, 4 hours later the master pieces were finished.

Today when I opened my cards I was amazed at the great job they did.
On the back of each flower was a little job or something they thought was special about their mom. It was a very nice present!

If you’re wondering about my post last week about a Canada trip, don’t get too excited because we still have no firm plans yet. Everyday we decide something different, on the way home from church in the van I told the kids just to plan on our usual ¨fly by the seat of our pants plan¨ And they totally understood that!
Today I did not want to go back at all but then was looking at some of our pictures and thought about some of the fun things we did in the summer in Canada.
Then I thought of all the retarded problems in my family that no one is interested in resolving and I’m really not excited to go there to be stressed out.
The girls do not want to go back, Jamin will go back whenever and Locklin wants to go back only if he can ski.
So really who knows….maybe we’ll have a better idea by next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and what creative kids you have - glad you had a great day!!