![]() |
| Link to A bum biting possum, a sad dog story, and a solar oven |
On Thursday Sabie added a little excitement to our morning scripture read. We all were sitting at our neighbors where our furniture is stored and Sabie came in and sat down in her usual spot only to jump up in hysterics. She moved the pillow and there was a large possum with its mouth wide open showing all its teeth and growling. Of course everyone started to scream and run it all different directions. Chad who just came in thought we were being ridiculous girls screaming about a bug. I think he was actually ok with the fact we were screaming about a possum. It just sat there not moving growling at us like he was trying to tell us that this was now his comfy couch and we were not welcome.
Chad got the end of a broom handle and we all stood on chairs, (actually Keltie and Locklin stood on the top of the bathroom roof) while Chad tried to guide it out the door. It took off like a shot and we all screamed some more. It went under the trailer so we calmed down and tried to continue on with the scripture reading. It was very hard to concentrate though.
On Saturday everyone was very upset around here. One of the Mexican gardeners complained that the guard dog Lugar was barking at him whenever he went by and complained to Pepe (the owner)) and Sixto the head of security and owner of the dog had to take him home to Cancun. The kids have had a great time playing and walking this dog as I’m sure you can see by previous pictures and are very sad to see him go. Were not sure if it’s the end of him though were trying to get a petition signed around Paa Mul to state we feel safer having the dog here. So we’ll see if that works.
Locklin and Chad make a solar oven this week and we tried to bake some cookies in it.
It has been cold here this week so it didn’t go very well. After a while the kids gave up and just ate the cookie dough. Locklin sure loves making projects with his dad.
The Reno’s are coming along and I’m only going to say and think positive thoughts although today I REALLY have to force myself. And we didn´t even have any Mexican workers here today…..I’ll let you put the pieces together.
The girls have been doing better about updating thier blogs so check them out



4 comments:
A great story and a sad story and a big mess (renos) - I would be down myself if I was living with all that!!
"YIKES, those are BIG teeth!" I would be up on top of the roof, too and hesistant to ever sit down again!" I was wondering how you kept your spirits up living in chaos, but I'm sure you'll look back and say, "Remember when...." enjoy these great one of a kind opportunities!
I was not in hysterics, I was way calmer than you!
That is too funny! I can just imagine. I would be so freaked out!
Post a Comment