Sunday, April 13, 2008

Almost like Christmas

Linl to April 2008


Well the construction is well underway. They have filled the floor with concrete and started the walls. We will have two new rooms with AC and another bathroom YEAH!

On Monday we went into Cancun to see 10,000 BC in the Cancun VIP Theatre
And HOLY what luxury and still at half the cost of the regular theatre in Calgary!
Leather reclining seats and we had the whole theatre to ourselves.

After we went to Costco and there it was the couch set that I had been imagining since the day I bought the Palapa …I had a ¨ tropical look¨ I wanted for the Palapa and it has started to come together sooner than I expected.
When you see stuff at Costco in Cancun you always have to decide if you want it right away. They only get a few sets of different things and then that’s it no more.
When I saw this furniture and it was less then half the price of what I had picked out in a store in Playa I jumped at the opportunity to get it.
It took two trips to pick it up and thankfully we have a place to store it until our construction is done.
The second best part was all the boxes the furniture came in! The kids had a BLAST making a Card board version of Paa Mul. I laughed when Locklin said, ¨Ok this is Pepe´s house were I live and your houses are the other smaller Palapa´s. Some how he managed to talk Sissy and Ellen into putting their boxes together so they could have a bigger place.
KIDS!!! They are so darn funny!
Speaking of which at the top right hand corner of the blog I have started a open post called the ¨funny things kids say¨ where I am going to record the crack ups around here.
Well …Another week is gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new furniture looks awesome - I had no idea there would be so many pieces and it looks very comfy! I can hardly wait to come lounge on it!!