![]() |
| Feb 2008 |
Well this week has gone by really SLOW.
I have read a whole book (usually I read 4 at a time and never completely finish any of them) took care of sick kids and started listening to the Audio book ¨the Secret¨
What I am learning from it is I really need to stop thinking ¨I miss my husband and this sucks¨ to finding something more positive to occupy my thoughts.
I have been working on my ¨vision board¨ (things I want to have happen on my life) this week and the kids are excited to see all the different things I have put up there. This week we will start to work on theirs.
Yesterday I was feeling completely stir crazy so I packed a few snacks and left after lunch looking for adventure. I thought we would go check out Akumal a little village 15 min down south on the way to Tulum.
Keltie on the other hand had something ¨panicky¨ going on in her head. Every time I’d go over a tope she’d have some remark about how I wasn’t doing it properly. Then when we got to Akumal I wanted to go in the information hut and she’d say no. (I did anyways but no one was there) then I thought we'd just drive around a little and look around and she would keep saying? ¨Can we please just go to Tulum¨
We have been to Tulum a lot and that really didn’t sound like much of an adventure to me. So when we went to park and they told me it was 20 pesos an hour (2 dollars)
I thought FINE we'll go to Tulum.
Man I swear that kid is going to give herself gray hair WAY before her time.
We spent a nice day digging in the sand and trying to ignore the topless sunbathers.
I know being topless is very popular in Europe but I ask you have you EVER seen a Mexican woman topless??? I have heard they look down upon it in their culture. So I ask you wouldn´t it be respectful to another person's country to follow their customs??? Just a thought.... feel free to post your thoughts on that one.
It seems that cockroaches seem to be making an appearance around Paa Mul. I’m not sure if it’s just that time of year or what. Today I saw one of the little buggers under our sink and I had the vacuum plugged in right by there so hopefully I sucked the sucker up. They are fast little beggars so I’m not sure.
I think that I am going to take the garbage out every night again. Usually it gets fuller with two more people here, so I have thought I will wait until the bag is completely full. Plus I want to save money on garbage bags. But now that I saw one of the little critters forget the saving money part.
I feel quite safe with everything food wise because we pretty much have it all in Tupperware. Bug proof
Our neighbors with the four kids have had quite a few show up in their trailer and have been unloading EVERYTHING and putting bug killer every where. My kids have been over to see their Dad Catch one and squish it in his hand. I was quite traumatized by the idea and I guess Jamin was as well. Last night he spent the night in my bed because he spent half the night worried about bugs in their tent. He was fast asleep in 30 seconds so it’s nice to know he's not worried about them in my room.
Milo our cat escaped today and some of the kids came over to say he was under their trailer and they had put the poison under the trailer. So Jamin rescued Milo and took him home and Keltie and I gave him a bath. Hopefully he won’t lose any brain cells and become dumber than he already pretends to be.
Well that’s all that’s really exciting for this week!



2 comments:
la cucaracha la cucaracha....
any how I'm sure they won't get bad.
Love you all and miss you
Tulum looks wonderful especially when you compare it to our snowbanks - sorry about the bug critter problem!! Love you guys.
Post a Comment