![]() |
| Link to On our way back home |
Well can the title of this say any more?
I wish we had some more reliable Internet on the way down but I guess what did it matter,I never had time to write.
We left Levi and Rachel's in Phoenix on Monday afternoon got to the border on Wednesday morning, left at 2:00pm when all our paperwork was done and arrived home Friday at noon. Yes.... we have been told that's crazy a few hundred times but what can I say its par for the crzy2goers. LOL
The kids did really well traveling for long hours but what more do you need when you have a fridge, toilet, and activities.
We had a few exciting run in's with the police in Tampico once again and outside of Merida
Once for not yielding slow enough....which was a total joke how do you yield fast with a Motor home towing a van? That time I made the office walk back a block to see what sign he was talking about and then came back to the motor home told Chad what sign it was and looked up the Spanish word for "yes we did go slow" and told him no ticket.......I guess he figured there was no way he was going to get any money from us so he let us go.
The other time was a weird stop at a train track that they had already pulled a truck over for. So it was a little more legitimate...but of course no one else was stopping that went by......so we never did we figure out if you actually had to stop or go slow..the police officer told us both. Just when the police officer told Chad it was a 500 dollar ticket the Federally Police drove up ...Called the Police officer over to him then drove off. When the officer came back over he said we could go. So go figure???
Ahhh...Mexico you gotta love it.
We have been busy working from the second we get up until we go to bed this past week trying to get the wiring in the Bodega done and painting and fixing things up. Its starting to get under control...we joked because we had a hurricane come through (the one we missed) and it wasn't as messy as it was when we got back and unloaded our junk everywhere.
I got the girls settled in the loft and they have been so happy to no longer bang their elbows and heads while sleeping. The first thing they said was "YA ROOM"
Keltie has gone right to Scholar phase since we got here working on her Math all day long and catching up on all her assignments
And the boys are running around free.
Sabie has been harping away and getting lots of work done.
Everyone is settling into a routine and I have to say it was picture perfect by some weird fluke when our neighbour brought over the Spanish teacher to meet us and there were my four perfect children sitting at the table working quietly together on their school work.
Today is our first lesson and we will have lessons twice a week so everyone is excited to get learning the language so we know what is going on at church. LOL
Well I'll post pictures as soon as I can we are still having Internet issues ..which hasn't helped with Chad getting online to work....So hopefully that will get fixed today we have been bumming of our neighbours but it been very unreliable.
Hope your all doing well
Sugdens



No comments:
Post a Comment