There are so many funny and crazy and GROSS things that happened!
First off I loaded up the boys with gravol the night before than again a few hours before. I was assured this would prevent sea sickness. When we got there the kids were really excited and checked out the boat running inside,going up the ladder to the top and climbed the little LEDGE to the front of the boat,
| From A afternoon on the BUTT Mar.3,2010 |
When we got out alittle way we had all the lines out and headed towards PaaMul (we told them we wanted to maybe snorkle but when they got closer we said no here! we live here! LOL)
| From A afternoon on the BUTT Mar.3,2010 |
We kept going for a way and saw a HUGE ship docked at Calica.(down the road towards Playa)
The kids had a great time playing, driving the boat and jumping with the waves while we waited for a bite
When you look at the pictures it doesn't really seem that choppy but let me tell you I could NOT stand up to save my life without holding on to something.
I sat inside on the benches then thought Id better get out of here Im feeling alittle off.
Once I was outside I was fine. . (not good just fine)I brought ginger ale to sip on and that helped.
Next Jamin came and said he wasn´t feeling so hot so he also got some ginger ale. Then came Locklin to tell me he wasn't feeling good. oh boy!
It wasn't much longer and I saw Jamin with his head over the boat and ran over to help him out. Poor kid, Just as I'm holding his head Tanya´s yelling from inside the boat for Trevor to come help, Riley threw up all over the bed. Talk about timing. So the next little while was a clean up puke session. The guys on the boat were REALLY nice and told us not to worry. Now that I think about it this must happen allot when you charter out boats! They probably see that a few times every week! LOL
Just after that excitement we had another! Trevor's line started really pulling hard and so he wheeled it in only to find half a fish left! Our Mexican crew guys said a shark ate the other half!
Not much longer and more fish came in and then Trevor line started to tug REALLY -HARD
there was much excitement with the crew as out popped a BARRACUDA! There is only a small area on the deck at the back where we were fishing so we were all trying to get out of the way! All while I'm still holding Jamin´s head over the edge of the boat!
The Crew got it in the cooler and slammed down the lid...one of them opened it again a few min later to check on it and it was STILL ALIVE! it flipped up and BIT him! of course I screamed! and they slammed the lid down Finally the dang thing DIED and I took this Picture
and the teeth on that thing are CRAZY
When it the time was up I was ready to be on land again
The REAL funny part was Locklin and I were seriously talking about living on a boat next! LOL
it seems so easy and Fun as its all tied up in the Marina with NO WAVES. I can´t even imagine trying to cook when I couldn't even stand up on my own! LOL
So much for that plan
The crew took the guts and bones out and gave us our fish. We left the Barracuda with them I guess its bad to eat if your not use to it.
We took it back to Paa mul for the guys to cook for us at the restaurant for 100 pesos and this is what it came back like
Tanya was a little SHOCKED to say the least LOL. She was expecting it to look alittle more westernized. But after 3 years in Mexico not much shocks me any longer.
Everyone loved it and ate every last bite!
![]() |
| Link to A afternoon on the BUTT Mar.3,2010 |



No comments:
Post a Comment