Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gammy turns 3!!

From Feb 2010

When in Mexico we have a ¨Adopted¨ Mexican Family who we LOVE to spend time with!
(Well maybe its just because Keltie and Sabie are both dating boys from the same family, Rodolfo and Reyes are cousins!) But its really fun because we get a real insiders view of Mexican culture and lifestyle that most people around here don´t get.

When we got back we had a invitation to Gammy´s 3rd birthday. The 3rd Birthday is special in The Mexican Culture as they have special prayers and a service at the church to recognize that when they turn three they are no longer classified as ¨babies¨ but children.

I was so excited to go! even went that afternoon to pick up a present in Playa then got home sat down and a Migraine started. So I had to go to bed while the girls went without the boys and I.
They had a wonderful time and Gammy´s Dad (who is the chef at the restaurant in Paamul) sent back all sorts of interesting Mexican food. Now I know why Rodolfo and Reyes don´t east much when they come for dinner here LOL...its SO completely differnt than what we eat! But good in a different sort of way
From Feb 2010

This is not cake but a sandwich type thing

No comments: