![]() |
| Link To Valentines Day 2009 |
Yesterday was a wonderful but very tiring day! Another entertaining Mexican Adventure!
We woke up at 2:50 am to catch the bus to the temple in Merida with our
Playa del Carmen ward.
Our ward has done various Temple trips and always left at or near this time and I always thought forget it! I’ll be a mess if I do that, well my last post about dancing until 4am I felt really guilty. I couldn’t justify dancing all night but not getting up early and going to the Temple (one of my favorite things to do!) So when I heard the next temple trip was on Valentines Day I thought what a better way to show our Father in Heaven how much we LOVE him than serving others in the Temple. This was also to be Jamin’s first time doing baptisms at the temple so what a great plan! Keltie decided to stay home with Locklin (you need to be 12 to do baptisms and go into the temple). So we all got our recommends this week. (How totally cool is it that I have a Mexican Temple recommend now!) And off we went!
I love Mexicans concept of time! LOL it is so different than our way in Canada.
This was the plan for the day, they said the members would leave Playa at 3:00am and pick us up along the way (out on the highway by Paamul) at 3:20am, drive the 3 hours to Merida do a few temple sessions and be back to Playa by 1:00pm. I have already learned that that’s not exactly what would happen, but had no idea how completely off everything was. LOL
Here is the real story ,I’m not sure what time we left from in front of Paamul but we left Puerto adventures (10 min down the road) at 4:30am we arrived at the temple at 9:10am
(4.5 hours)
Now I should have known better about another thing as well, and I was prepared a little but apparently not enough. Jamin gets car sick but since he never got sick in the motor home I thought he’d be fine on the bus, but just in case I brought some gravol. Well he started to feel really sick as we bounced over the topes and construction like only a Mexican bus can. So as soon as he told me he wasn’t feeling so good I got the gravol into him ASAP. Well he made it all the way to Merida and just as everyone was almost off the bus(we were near the back) and he was walking down the aisle he lost it all over the floor. Thank goodness he only had water and some bits of apple in his stomach so it didn’t smell up the whole bus!
I had wet wipes in my purse and cleaned him up but we couldn’t do anything about the bus floor as there was a line up of cars behind us honking like crazy! Note to self… always pack a barf bag! Poor Jamin! After though he felt much better!
Because we were a hour late from our booked Temple time we had to wait for another hour so they could fit us in. So we got to walk around and check out the distribution Center (were they sell Church Materials) and a few shops down the road.
Once we got in it was a little while before I found someone who could speak English (The Temple Matron) and then everything went pretty smoothly.
I was feeling bad that I was missing watching the youth do baptisms but felt it was important to go though a session. When I got changed and walked toward the entrance, I saw that the youth in our ward were just getting started so I hurried and changed again so I could watch Jamin and Sabie. It was such a wonderful experience I’m so grateful I didn’t miss it!
| From Valentines Day 2009 |
After they served Lunch in the Chapel across the lot from the Temple. I also worried about this but come to think of it there has never been a time I haven’t loved whatever Mexican food I have tasted and this time was no exception. I’m still not sure what it was exactly but it was some kind of seasoned meat on tortillas and it was very good!
Sabie on the way home sat with a girl she had met just before they had split the wards and a bunch of the young men at the back of the bus (and yes Chad and I were only 4 rows from the back and the Bishop was behind us LOL)
All of a sudden I hear in a loud shriek, “What? You SPEAK ENGLISH???¨ALL OF YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?!!!?! I Can’t BELEVE IT! Why didn’t you tell me?”
Then a male voice said, “I’m sorry, my bad, but you never asked!”
So for the next how ever how many hours you could hear youth laughing back and forth in a Mix of Spanish and English. So all in all it was a great trip and even though we couldn’t speak a lot we felt a wonderful kinship with the members of our ward
(We actually got home at 9:19 pm!!! LOL) It was another wonderful Mexican Adventure!



2 comments:
Well that post was worth waiting for!! Those puppies are soooo cute!! What a great adventure.
I'm sorry that we gave you guys that idea to put Kia in the sweater sleeve! Hopefully she didn't get too mad. When we did it to Leonard, he just got all spooked and ran around the house like crazy for awhile after that.
Post a Comment