Monday, February 2, 2009

Painful then More Fun

Link to Dancin till Dawn Jan 09

I’m really trying not to be negative about taking the girls into playa each week for Young Women’s, but the last two weeks in a row have not gone that great. First week Sabie loses her Mp3 player( it must have fallen out of the back seat pocket of the van while she got out to go into the church), the next week I run over to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries and someone asks me for help reading something while their counterpart reaches inside my purse and steals my wallet. Thank goodness I had not gone to the bank yet to get money out for the week so I only had about 12.00 in it, but my 2 credit cards, drivers license, all my kids birth certificates, temple recommend, Sams, Costco, City Club cards are all gonzo.

I got a call right away from my Canadian Credit card because they tried to access amounts way over my credit limit so they immediately shut it down. The other card was a combo credit debit card that they managed to completely clean me out of, luckily since it was linked to MasterCard they will do an investigation that will take 2 months and hopefully return our Money. Thankfully Chad was coming in a week so he was able to bring me some replacement cards. I have no idea what to do about driving down here as you personally have to be in Canada to get a new drivers license. I had to file a police report so I’m hoping that if I drive with the police report that will be ok until I get back to Canada and get a new license.

So now onto the fun!
On Friday night it was a toss up as to where we wanted to go for the evening, their was a free Julio Iglesias concert in playa(a little dated for us) or the karaoke dance in Paamul and a Carnival in Akumal. We decided on the Carnival and stayed out dancing till dawn!
They had the biggest light stage set up that I have ever seen. The music was AWESOME and so darn loud that you could seriously feel your whole body vibrate to the bass! I swear it made the ground move. There is no way that any one in the whole village got any sleep that night.
They played a mix of English, Spanish and Salsa Music. We had a great time practicing our Salsa and the girls are getting really good. Were excited for the next party (that shouldn’t take to long in Mexico…crazy party people)
We didnt get home until 4am...I´m still tring to recover!
From Dancin till Dawn Jan 09

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's too bad about your wallet and Sabie's MP3 player. It seems like when it rains it pours! :-(

Anonymous said...

Talk about the "dancin' queens"!!