Friday, October 3, 2008

WE LOVE OCTOBER!!!

The month of October is one of our favorites
Link to End of Sept 08

The kids already have their costumes planned and are counting down the days. I got a Halloween tree finally! (I have been looking for one I LOVE forever) it’s so cute! Its got fiber optic lights bats, pumpkins and little ghosts that all light up. Of course I couldn’t wait until Oct 1 to get it set up…I was two days early…my kids were shaking their heads at me… they couldn’t believe I couldn’t wait two days before getting it out
Sometimes I wonder who the Adults are and who are the kids LOL

We have been getting a TON of Rain down here. It’s very strange. We didn’t see the sun for almost a week. We finally saw the sun Wed and yesterday. So we didn’t take any chances of missing out on it and headed straight to the beach to get a dose of Vitamin D.
The boys have been doing really well with their school work so I gave them the option, They could come to the beach for a hour and a half or do their school work.
Guess what they chose? Im sure you guessed wrong! SCHOOL WORK
I don’t know what it is about them but they HATE going to the beach, they will go to the pool no problem but not the beach. CRAZY KIDS!
I told them if they needed any help with school they would have to come ask me at the beach cuz that’s were I was going to be. (I have only been to the beach twice this entire time we have been here) So that’s what they did. I’m amazed at how independent they are getting doing their own work and how little they ask me. When I go over it with them later to double check everything and see how they did it really make me think that yes this home school thing was the right thing for our family.
They will have no trouble with university(if they choose to go) and working on their own without someone hanging over them.

Good news for the week is our security guard friend Sixto is back at work. He had a stroke just before we left and is doing way better. The girls are always over talking to him at the guard shack and he tells Chad he will watch out for them for him ( He’s like a grandpa to them…and old enough to be their grandpa)
Sixto brought Sabie two of the hugest Avocado’s you have ever seen! He knew how much she loves them and she was so happy. They were a little sweeter than regular avocados but just as good!

Another good thing is Creason´s found a Palapa to stay at so we are not on top of each other any longer. It was just getting two hard having so many people in such a small space for so long (it was a month of being together 24/7) Now when I look back that was a little crazy. Of course I always have a problem of looking at the fun of everything and not so much the reality. But it always seems like things work out for the better if you choose to look at it that way

Well Its almost been two weeks since Chad went up to Calgary and everyone is starting to miss him allot..well maybe me more than the others. My whining has already started, although I’m trying really hard not to. It looks like he will have to stay for another week in order to get what he needs done this trip.
I just figured out that I’m sitting here typing in sweats and sweater and my fingers are pretty much frozen. I don’t know why I don’t just remember to turn down the air conditioner. I guess the fact that Chad likes it this cold in our room and remembering, ¨hey he’s not here so I don’t have to freeze myself any more¨ is just to hard for my little brain to comprehend. I’m going to work on that this week. I’ll probably get it figured out just in time for when he gets home. LOL Well I’m going to head outside to get warmed up now!

From End of Sept 08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Halloween Tree and the cute little snuggle bunny in your bed!!

Puat Ppsk said...

ewewewewew! I miss you guys so much. I just wanna squish Locklin!!!

Puat Ppsk said...

EWEWEWEWEW! I missyouguyssomuch!!! I just wanna squish Locklin!!! "Floatin' wit my mum,Floatin' wit my mum. My name is Locklin and I'm Floatin' wit my mum"...... Big, smoochie, wet kisses! Auntie Panties

Courtenay said...

Happy Halloween! It's great to hear what you guys are up to. Thanks for keeping this blog...it's a great way to keep in touch!!!