Monday, October 27, 2008

An Extra Hour

Link to October 2008


We in Mexico have already started or finished? Daylight savings so now I find myself wandering around thinking what can I do at this early hour without waking everyone and the thought of my blog kept coming back to my mind.
I have been trying to ignore my blog and just about died when I logged in and saw it’s almost been a month since I posted. I wish I have had some excuse why I have been so negligent but sorry I have nothing.

We had a wonderful Canadian Thanksgiving all the way down here in Mexico. I honestly thought I was going to get away with the kids forgetting about it but no such luck.
Keltie started whining about how she really wanted a Turkey and you know me…. what my kids want they get (spoiled little #!X!0)
I thought there wasn’t a hope in finding a turkey but low and behold Sam’s club had them.
The boys were hoping there weren’t any turkeys because then it would be plan ¨B¨ fondue Thanksgiving dinner (which would have been easier for me!)
It was actually pretty easy the girls helped a lot and we spent a rainy day in the Kitchen hanging out together. We did a full on turkey dinner all the way down to making buns.
I think I must be maturing because I’m actually starting to like to cook. We have been trying out a lot of different recipes and added quite a few favorites to our dinners.

We got Chad picked up last Saturday and have been hanging out getting things done around the Palapa. Sabie finally got a bed frame as she has been sleeping on a BYO air bed for the last year and her back is getting a little stiff.

We have still been having a ton of rain here and the mosquitoes have been absolutely crazy at dusk.( and I’m talking swarms of them around you just waiting for a nice treat) We always try to have dinner done and cleaned up before they start so we are usually inside when they get going.
The good thing about this is I have had time to start making my Christmas Cards. The Kids and I have been coming up with all sorts of crafty Ideas and they just keep getting cuter and cuter. So look to your mailboxes in the beginning of December and see which one you get!
From October 2008



We are excited to celebrate Halloween on Friday. The kids are ready to go. I think this year they have way more Halloween stuff down here than last year. We even have a pumpkin! So Happy Halloween Everyone!

3 comments:

tracey said...

I snuck a peek at your Christmas cards... oh, I hope I get one! :D
p.s. my address is 20409 Aberdeen Dr. Bend, OR 97702
Just in case you feel the urge to send one :D
I am so impressed with the girls creativity. I was thinking I should try my girls out and see what they come up with. They're not as old as your girls yet, but maybe there are some creative juices in there somewhere (not from me though :()

Anonymous said...

Love the new look on your blog and we were so excited to see a new posting!! Thanksgiving looked yummy and we are impressed you are so organized with your Christmas cards!!

Courtenay said...

I love hearing about what your family is up to...all the way down in Mexico. Also, I love the new blog. It looks great!