Once again we got to enjoy having ALL Paamul right out our front door for our neighbors Phil and Heidi´s annual Birthday/anniversary celebration. This year Phil turned 75 on March 4, their wedding anniversary is March 5, and Heidi´s birthday is the following day March 6.
Planning these Parties all starts a year in advance and we have a wonderful time each year.
This years theme was ¨White¨which ment you dressed up in anything that was white.
I decided to be a White Ballerina so I decided to sew a tutu the day before.
This is my friend Maralyin she and her husband dressed in ¨nothing¨ but white beads!
I love the imagination around here!
One thing I noticed the last couple of years was there was no official birthday cake or singing Happy Birthday I thought that this year I was going to change that! :)
So I got busy and made over 80 Cupcakes and the next day our little neighbor friend Ellen and I iced them. I really was missing my girls we usally always do these kind of projects together so can I tell you how grateful I am to have Ellen around! She is a great substitute daughter!
We knew we wanted to do some kind of tower to make it look like a elegant cake and in Mexico one is limited to such things, so we found blocks of wood, tupperware,boxes and Janga blocks to make the tower and covered it with pieces fabric.
Every time I was stumped trying to get it to look level and even, Ellen would come up with another idea.
After we had the layout she arranged all the cupcakes while I cleaned up. It looked great!
Everyone was very impressed and people kept coming up and taking pictures of it before we had Phil and Heidi blow out the candles.
It was such a great party and the people count was over 140!
Thats allot to have rockin in one small area, I have to laugh the morning of the party people where there at 6:00am setting up their tables so they could get a good spot!
Ahhh Paamulians :)



1 comment:
That was so cool - I didn't know about the white cupcake tower!!!
Post a Comment