Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting settled?????

Adios May 2009

Well we are back in Canada and trying to get settled. I finally have my pictures all loaded on Jamin's old computer we took back to Canada.
Just as I predicted the swine flu was an over dramatized media hay day.
Although when I got here I made it a week and came down with a terrible flu/cold.(I had been getting up early walking in the cold air and am sure that was the end result..my body is just SO not use to the cold )
I thought for sure it was tonsillitis so I went into the doctor to get some meds (I so miss just being able to go to the pharmacy in Mexico and picking up my own) I thought I would use the "being in Mexico thing" to my advantage and got the fastest medical attention I have ever seen in the Alberta Health Care System (usually you wait at least 5 plus hours at the urgent care center.) I was in and out in 1.5 hours and yes I was tested for swine flu and NO I didn’t have it. In fact I didn’t even have tonsillitis and after a couple days rest I was doing much better.

Now we are filling up our calendar like crazy..there is SO much to do. I'm actually enjoying being very busy, I usually walk in the door from work and then have to turn around and leave again with one of the kids. Sabie is now taking weekly harp lessons, Music history, and Theory all on different days of the week. The girls got jobs at the grandstand for the Calgary Stampede and had their first taste of the working world last night at a motor cross event.
(Its funny to hear the difference of how aggravated they were with the people who don't know how to think for themselves, and if someone didn’t "tell them what to do” they had no idea what to do.( and Its very easy..like filling up drink cups, and popcorn) I SO LOVE HOME SCHOOLED KIDS!!!!!)
The boys are signed up for various summer camps and we just found rollerblades for them both at Value village for 7.99 (I love that place) This weekend I am going to get my bike out of storage and we plan to trek all around fish creek park.

Well I have to get going to bed, check out the captions on the pictures for more info on all the fun we have been having!
Mothers Day 2009

No comments: