Monday, April 20, 2009

Another great week with Family

We had a wonderful week with My Aunt Lesa and cousin Starlene!
They arrived on April 13 which also happened to be Star’s birthday! This was Starlene´s first time on a airplane and first time in Mexico! What an exciting birthday!
Starlene´s Birthday

They didn’t arrive until late that night but my girls really wanted to have a little birthday cake for a surprise when they got here. So we had cake at 11:00pm LOL

The next day we had our 1st annual Paamul Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Dinner.
It was so fun! We had 45 people attend. The kids had so much fun running around and collecting eggs. There are no plastic Eggs to be found in Mexico, So this was a new thing to a lot of the kids.
Annual Paamul Easter Egg Hunt 2009

Our Dinner after was a traditional Easter dinner but potluck. Chad and I cooked 2 turkeys did the dressing and gravy, and the girls made little Easter bunny Cupcakes.
From Annual Paamul Easter Egg Hunt 2009

Chad took over cooking the Turkey’s and they were SO good, I got a bunch of compliments on how good they were. So tender and juicy!!!! YUMMM ( I love it when he does the work and I get the complements LOL)
And of course I don’t know how we always manage it but when everyone was done eating you wouldn’t have even known that we had already stuffed ourselves, there was that much food left over!

The next day Chad and I had planned a two night getaway in Cancun for our anniversary. So that morning we took everyone to the Cenote to snorkel and swim.
From Aunty Lesa and Starlene Visit Apr 2009


Chad and I had a great couple of days;
The resort was all inclusive so we basically ate way too much then went to lie in the sun. It was pure Heaven! Our room had an ocean view and was on the 6th floor so we could see a lot! I got Chad up at 6 am to watch the sun rise and while we were waiting we saw a nurse shark swimming along the shore. It was really funny because Chad had just been saying he wished he could see a shark and low and behold there it was! (It creeped me out …I prefer the ocean animals to be WAY out in the ocean!)

When we got back we took everyone to ¨bead¨ beach to play on the water breaks (HUGE large canvas bags) that you can boogie board over or body surf on. It’s really hard to get up on them and when you finally do you usually don’t make it to long before your pushed off by a huge wave! It’s a great place to learn the patterns of the ocean currents and you have to work together with them in order to get to where you want to go. I seriously laughed my head off the whole time One minute you’re in control and the next you’re getting toppled by a wave.
From Aunty Lesa and Starlene Visit Apr 2009

We only had two injures Aunt Lesa cut her knee and Chad……the stallion (as we call him from his crazy teenage years) decided that he was going to run across the different water breakers. And they are very slippery with algae growing on them! He fell and hit his head so hard he blacked out. Thankfully Keltie was close by and was ready to jump in and save her Dad. (I had just gone up to the beach) And thankfully the cool water brought him back to consciousness.
Someone is defiantly looking out for that guy! What is with MEN??????
He had a very sore head for a couple of days!

The rest of the week we made our way to the Tulum Ruins and to the beach in Tulum to boogie board.
It was So much Fun!
Aunty Lesa and Starlene Visit Apr 2009

No comments: