| From Pic 2005 |
We had a VERY busy time doing all our favorite Christmas activities, We are SO lucky we get to have so many Christmas traditions depending on which country we are in.
Can you say SPOILED!!!!
![]() |
| Dec 2009 |
The day after we arrived we attended the Sundance Ward Christmas Party and they had Mexican food! That made us feel right at home. I loved it when the Bishop said that they decided to have Mexican food because the Mexicans are such a Family orientated people and he hoped we would remember to be like them and put our families first this Christmas season. Those words are SO true, I have learned SO much from them! They work so hard to help each other out,they live together in SMALL little places and would never think about choosing material possession's over the closeness they have with one another.They really are a wonderful people (I'm SO homesick just thinking about it)
| From Dec 2009 |
| From Dec 2009 |
We had a wonderful Carter Family Christmas Party at the home with my grandma. My Aunt Susan worked so hard planning a great get-together. We had amazing food, great games and best of all the company was FABULOUS! See pictures in the post below
Next came Chad's 37th birthday Party and Traditional Rib feast. Debbie makes the BEST ribs and you should have heard the SILENCE while everyone was chomping away.It was the quietest dinner EVER!
| From Dec 2009 |
Chad Totally surprised me this year by wanting a German chocolate cake..in all the years Ive known him he has wanted his grandma's frozen dessert for his cake......I was seriously SHOCKED! When I saw the icing and how much coconut was in it, was when it finally made sense.
| From Dec 2009 |
We only made it a day when the next feast started, Oyster stew dinner is one of Mike and Debbie's Christmas traditions
The Evening was wonderful (except for the smell of oysters lol, I am not a sea food lover although I keep trying)
Karen and Don Baker joined us and we sang Christmas Carols for hours accompanied by Sabie on the Harp, Karen on the piano and a surprise flute performance from Keltie and Debbie!.It was SO beautiful!
| From Dec 2009 |
| From Dec 2009 |
Mike and Levi sang a duet,a song written about Joesph and Jesus,it was so Fantastic! The words and music are so pretty ..the artist really should have it recorded.
I feel so blessed having been able to hear it!
another wonderful song was Star bright which has Spanish and English lyrics. We all took turns singing the different parts. SO FUN!
Next came Christmas Eve and you guessed it! MORE FOOD! Our favorite meal of appetizers, snacks,homemade chocolates, Egg Nog Punch (with ice cream in it SOOOO good)
| From Dec 2009 |
| From Dec 2009 |
That brought allot of fond memories back. We use to perform in it while it was our stake's turn to be in charge of it, We sure LOVED doing it and really miss it!But I SURE DON'T miss the COLD! it was -20 when we went this year! I had tons of layers on and felt like a walking snowman, We all huddled in a circle blankets wrapped all around and tried to think warm thoughts!
| From Dec 2009 |
Christmas Morning was wonderful with presents galore,
| From Christmas Day |
It was great to see Grandma Bectell,Aunt Colleen, Jeff,Liz and kids!
Its SOOO sad its over for another year!but I am excited to start on my healthy eating lifestyle again! so here's to a NEW YEAR of New Adventures! I'm SO excited!
![]() |
| Christmas Day |




1 comment:
Yeah! - it was fun to have everyone here to meld Christmas traditions.
Post a Comment